Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Congratulations - Blue Wedding

Hello Everyone!

Today I would like to share a shabby wedding card with you. Blue might not be the first choice for a wedding card, but I was really inspired by a photograph challenge this week. I will tell you about that right after the sneak peek of my card.


My inspiration came from the Card Concept challenge blog. I am really excited to find this blog, their challenge system is really unique! They have new challenges every other Wednesday, and with each challenge, you can choose from 5 different styles (clean & simple, clean & layered, shabby chic, clean & graphic, freestyle collage and classy & elegant). Is that super fun or what!! The best part is that they have DT creations in all the different styles! It's impossible to not be inspired!

For this challenge, Challenge #16 - Create a Wedding Card, they supplied an inspirational photo:


As you probably already figured out, I chose "Shabby Chic" style. I'm not sure why, but in my photographs, everything looks sort of brown, but my ribbon and ivory flowers have a yellowish tone in real life, very close to their photo.



DOES THIS TECHNIQUE HAVE A NAME???

- the top background layer was done by putting several drops of Salty Ocean distress ink from my re-inker into a mini-mister, adding some white paint and a little water then spritzing onto the paper. This is a technique that I use a lot, but I don't know what it's called. I didn't get it from any tutorial or Tim Holtz book, I came up with it out of a desire for a certain look - and by using the re-inker instead of the distress paint, I can add more ink or more paint to make it darker or lighter. I'm sure it's been done by Tim somewhere...does anybody know? I sure would like a name for it.

- after I used my 'untitled' Tim Holtz technique, then I took the Crafter's Workshop stencil Mini-Quatrefoil and applied some home-made texture paste through it. The bottom layer was done with the same stencil, but I used my blending tool and applied the Salty Ocean ink through it, so the pattern would be the same...yet different!

- the heart is handmade with polymer clay and a Martha Stewart mold. I covered it with DecoArt Crackle Paint then antiqued it with Tim Holtz Antique Linen and Brushed Corduroy distress inks.

- the flowers were handmade with a Joy Crafts Flower 4 die cut and coloured with Tim Holtz distress ink Salty Ocean. The leaves are also Joy Crafts, Flourish Branch 1. The white roses are from Wild Orchid Crafts.


I would like to send out a big thank you to the design team at Scrapping4fun Challenges for featuring my Tim Holtz inspired card for their 'Anything Goes Challenge'. I am especially honoured because this is a new style for me and I'm still learning the ins and out of the talented Tim.

   

This week at Scrapping4fun, their challenge is Challenge #23 - Something Girly

I'm really excited to play along with them again this week, so I put lots of extra ribbon and flowers on my card because...how girly is that!!



I am really excited to also enter my card into the following challenges:

C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - #271 - Well Done/Congratulations
Cute Card Thursdays - Challenge #333 - Lots of Lace
My Craft Spot - Challenge #148 - 3D Flowers

That's it for today. Thank you for stopping in and for all the amazing comments. I read and appreciate every single one! If you have any questions, please let me know.



59 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful take on the picture inspiration! I loved everything about your card, the layers, the colors and the shabby chic style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stunning. Thank you for sharing at C.R.A.F.T Challenge this week. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning creation yet again Pamellia, I do love the way you work with layers,you always make them look so natural. You are very talented in creating this look,it's really difficult to make it look so effortless :)

    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Pamellia, love all the layers and details and the blue is gorgeous.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your little flowers! And the colors are perfect!
    Thanks for playing with us at C.R.A.F.T. Challenge this week!
    Monica - DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card, love all the flowers and ribbons.
    Love the colors and the Shabby chic style!
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Pamellia, love all of these pretty flowers, such a feminine card, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like a gorgeous creamy piece of confectionery! Its a brilliant take on the photo and I adore all your layers and beautiful shabby chic elements, especially the lacing along the bottom. Congrats on your win too! Gorgeous work! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Pamellia
    Something old, something new, something borrowed, something BLUE! (Don't know if you have that saying in Canada for weddings)
    Beautifully put together as usual. Very pretty.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, something BLUE, you're absolutely right! Thanks Ang for the wonderful compliment and for the reminder that blue is a fine choice for wedding cards!! Hugs :)

      Delete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous card!! I love all of your pretty flowers and your bow is beautiful! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous as usual, so very feminine! You will have to teach me one day how to,do this, I can't get beyond grunge! Lol. Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nikki! Isn't it funny, I'm so envious of your work because I can't seem to get beyond feminine! I start off with a grungy background, next thing you know, the lace and flowers are everywhere! The grass is always greener...yes? Hugs :)

      Delete
  12. OH this is GORGEOUS Pamellia!!! You sure have a knack for creating BEAUTIFUL projects using inspirational photos...this is just PERFECT!!!
    Take care,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Beth, I find that when I look at a photo, I can instantly see what I want to do, or I'm at a complete loss. There's no in-between, ha! Hugs :)

      Delete
  13. Your card really matches the photo. Very beautiful Pamellia.
    Hugs, Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous, gorgeous!!! You make your cards so pretty! Always so much to look at and great techniques used too! Very inspiring indeed!
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my... quite honestly, this is one of the most beautiful wedding cards I've ever seen. :o) Not only is your design stunning, but I love that you made many of the flowers and even the heart. (I really want to make that heart!) Each element is just gorgeous. Thank you for sharing your stunning creation with us at My Craft Spot!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, what a wonderful compliment Karen! Thank you so much! That heart mold is only available in the Martha Stewart Crafter's Clay Heirloom Starter Kit. It's a great product! Hugs :)

      Delete
  16. So sweet, soft and lovely card. I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous! And I think blue is perfect for a wedding card. Love it! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your sweet comment too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A beautiful wedding card, I love the soft shade of blue! The ribbons and flowers look so pretty and I love the elegant heart. Thank you for following my blog, it really means a lot to me!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca, my honour by the way. Your work is gorgeous! Hugs :)

      Delete
  19. WOW!! I don't even know where to begin with this card, it is drop dead gorgeous!! Every little element is the perfect touch to this beauty. Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you Kerin for such a wonderful compliment!! Hugs :)

      Delete
  20. Wow! I sure could use a lesson in shabby chic from you! Great job! Thanks for joining us at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The more I scroll down, the more beautiful projects I see. You truly are one VERY talented lady. This is spectacular! I had to click that "follow" button because I don't want to miss any more of your creations. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aahhh, that is so sweet! Thank you so much Cebelica! I welcome you to My Little Craft Things with a big crafty hug!! :)

      Delete
    2. Big crafty hug to you too! :)

      Delete
  22. Absolutely gorgeous very shabby chic and great texture and techniques-I am now a followers :)
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol and welcome to My Little Craft Things! A big welcome hug to you!! :)

      Delete
  23. Oh my...this card is stunning!! WOW,just WOW!! I love everything it,the colors,the details...perfect!!
    Thank you so much for joining us at The Card Concept!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aahhh, thank you so much for all the WOWs Cindy! :)

      Delete
  24. Hi Pamellia,
    oh my goodness, your card is stunning ♡
    Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us at Scrapping4Fun Challenge.
    XO Sandra DT
    http://bastelmami-sandra.blogspot.de/2014/08/scrapping4fun-23.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra! I just loved the photo!! :)

      Delete
  25. So very nice Pamellia!!! Your technique is commonly referred to as creating a background with reinkers. Though you spritz the ink, you are basically creating a background for your stenciling, so I think that would be it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW!!! Your card is stunning! Your handmade flowers are absolutely gorgeous and your attention to detail is impeccable! Such beauty!

    Thanks for your kind words on my blog last week. It's always such a treat to meet a "neighbour". I'm just down the 115 in Peterborough. :)

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kate! Wow, so cool, you're just down the street (sort of)! Happy crafting neighbour! :)

      Delete
  27. Amazingly gorgeous card, Pamellia!!!!! I LOVE the colors and your "untitled" technique. And the flowers and ribbon are the perfect "girly" touch. You're shabby style is simply stunning. Thanks for joining us again at Scrapping 4 Fun Challenges. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Angie! I might have to give that technique a name I guess, ha! Hugs :)

      Delete
  28. WOW times a kazillion! First of all, I'm so glad that you discovered CCC and chose to share this amazing creation with us! I'm sure I studied your card for hours (what day is this?). Such great attention to detail and an amazing sense of balance and design! Seriously stunning! This must have taken forever to create, but was soooooo worth the time and effort! I am thrilled to bits that you chose to share your piece of art with us at CCC (...yes, it definitely deserves to be called artwork!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Geri, what a wonderful comment! Such a great way to start my day, thank you so much for that! Crafty hugs :)

      Delete
    2. The blue and cream looks fantastic together and was Especially enchanted by the heart you made
      Cheers
      Dr Sonia
      Cards Crafts Kids Projects

      Delete