I am really excited to be here today to share some special news and a special card with a surprise ! I will get to that in a moment, but first a sneak peak.
My good news is that I was chosen to be a guest designer for the wonderful Card Mania Challenge Blog! Isn't that such an honour!! I will be there every second Monday until the end of October, so please be sure to hop on over there and check out all the wonderful creations by the design team!
This week is - Challenge #53 - BIRTHDAY PARTY!!
One lucky winner will be receiving a prize from Hobbisimo, so get your entries in there ladies! I can't wait to see what you come up with!
For my Birthday Party card, I decided to do an invitation for a surprise birthday party that we are hosting. I thought I would try something I've never done before, so I made the card a surprise as well. And what is the surprise you ask, well, here is it. It folds out like an accordion! Oh, what a surprise!
Over the next few photos, you can see how I laid out the invitation bit by bit on each panel. It was so much fun to make. I decided to go with a very summery theme because we are hosting the party in the park across the street. It is so lush with foliage and flowers and Angela is such a dainty, feminine woman, I wanted the invitation to have that same sort of feel to it, I hope my guests enjoy it.
I put the details on this cute little tag that I cut from Tim Holtz Tiny Tabs & Tag die. The party location and RSVP information are on the back, so they wouldn't be visible on camera.
Here is a few more shots of the invitation when it is closed. I have attached a piece of Velcro to the back of the bow, so you can open and close the invitation without undoing it. Keeps it looking pretty.
Now I just have to make 11 more!
My Main Ingredients:
- the shaped background was cut from Marianne Designs Anja Squares, the balloons are Marianne Designs Heart Balloons, the leaves are Joy Crafts Flourish Branch 1.
- the background pieces were done with green and pink acrylic paints and then touched up with some Tim Holtz distress inks Shabby Shutters, Dried Marigold, Spun Sugar and Squeezed Lemonade and edges with Brushed Corduroy. The ribbon was coloured using the same wonderful distress ink colours.
- stamps were all done using Ranger Archival Ink Coffee. Stamp include Kaisercraft Lakehouse, Hummingbird and Porcelain Rose. Impression Obsession Time Worn Roses.
- the corners were made with polymer clay and a Martha Stewart mold. The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts. The words were all done with alphabet stamp sets from Studio G.
I am also excited to enter my card into the following wonderful challenges:
- Crafty Cardmakers and More - Challenge #120 - Fancy Folds (What a great challenge!)
- The Crafter's Cafe - Challenge #75 - Use Lots of Layers (I have 14 layers + the tag!!)
- Love To Scrap Challenge Blog - #35 - Running in Circles (Most of my layers are circles!!)
- Cardabilities - Sketch Reveal #104 (The inspiration for my layout, isn't it a wonderful sketch!)
That's it for today. Thank you for stopping in and for all the amazing comments. I read and appreciate every single one! If you have any questions, please let me know.