Friday, July 18, 2014

Christmas in July - Be Merry

Hello Everyone!

I'm back with another Christmas card today. YAY for Christmas in July! I wanted to do something a little different for this card with the layout. I usually just do a standard tent fold, but for this card, I cut one side a little short so the center square overhangs a bit. I think it adds a little interest.

For the background I used several different stamps and the emboss resist technique to create some layers of design. It is coloured with Tim Holtz distress inks Tumbled Glass and Brushed Corduroy.





I had a hard time capturing just how glittery the snowflakes are. They are covered with Martha Stewart coarse crystal glitter and they are super glittery!


I added foam dots to all the layers to really give the card some dimension.


Dies: Cheery Lynn-snowflake 5, Spellbinders-create a flake 4, La-La Land-filigree corner, Magnolia-vintage tag
Stamps: Stampendous-jumbo flakes, Rubbernecker-script background, Inkadinkado-small flake, Inkadinkado-sketchy flourishes, Imaginisce-be merry sentiment
From My Stash: dew drop (snowflake center), seam binding (coloured by hand), frilly yarn, gold bells, pearls and gold vintage button


I am entering my card in the following challenges:

Divas By Design - Christmas in July
Sparkles Monthly Challenges - Challenge #58 Christmas in July
Christmas Cards All Year Round - July Challenge - Non traditional Colours
Crafty Boot Challenges - Christmas in July
Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog - Challenge #220 - Christmas in July
Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - Challenge #185 Glam it Up
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - Challenge #268 Christmas
The Glory of Christmas Challenge - Challenge #37 Anything Goes

Last minute entry...Thank you to Hazel for directing me to Completely ChristmasChallenge # 20 Anything Goes

Although it would be too lengthy for me to talk about each of these challenge blogs individually, I would like to say that I have spent some time on each blog and was impressed with all of them. I now am following every one of these blogs and will visit them regularly. I recommend you visit them as well!


That's it for today, thanks for stopping in! If you have any questions, please let me know.


22 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card for CCAYR July non-traditional Christmas colours' challenge - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, CCAYR design team - thanks also for sharing for my CHNC challenge 185 and for Completely Christmas 20 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for July - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hazel, for the kind words and for directing me to another lovely Christmas challenge!

      Delete
  2. Thanks also for entering The Glory of Christmas challenge 37 with your lovely card, Hazel , Glory of Christmas DT x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My goodness Hazel, you are a busy woman!! Thank you.

      Delete
  3. Hi Pamellia
    Beautiful card. Very gentle festiveness so its very elegant.
    Have a great weekend.
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ang! You have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful card, stunning design. Thank you for joining in with all of the Christmas fun at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at Divas Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Christmas card, so glad you shared your fab creation with us at CRAFT x carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you also entered this for my CHNC challenge extra for July - hope to see you there again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pamellia

    Many congratulations on being placed in the Crafty Boots 'Christmas in July' Challenge.

    Don't forget to collect a copy of the Crafty Boots Challenge badge from our blog.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW, thanks for letting me know! I'm honoured to have my card chosen!

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Sparkles we hope to see you again!

    Love From Rebecca xx
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card.

    Thanks for joining us at the Sparkles Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness! I looooove this card! It is gorgeous! The shabby bow is perfect (as usual) the tags are stunning, all the little details and glittery snowflakes, I feel like I am in Winter Wonderland at North Pole! Love it! Love it! Love it! I am just going through your older posts, don't mind me....don't think that I don't love all your other cards that I did not comment on...this one struck me real good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aahhh, thank you so much Samra! Talk to you soon! hugs :)

      Delete